SIAT is a long established leader in the Marine Cargo sector, and has been a major player for the past few decades due to the company's technical expertise allowing SIAT to analyse and underwrite risks relating to all classes of transported goods.
SIAT works with brokers specialised in both national and international.
The high level of professionalism and experience that sets us apart ensures a level of service which is second to none, with prompt responses and innovative solutions to best suit our clients' needs.
Our Genoese based Cargo Underwriting and Claims department is staffed by highly qualified personnel who are available
to provide information and advice to the broker
and/or intermediary network on the following:
- Risk Analysis for goods transported by land, sea or air
- Technical advice on new insurance products and interpretation of the clauses in use in the Italian and London market
- Prompt quotations, along with alternative solutions to satisfy the Assured's requirements and to ensure seamless coverage according to the characteristics of the goods insured.
- Substantial capacity and retention level
- "Loss prevention" expertise world-wide to facilitate successful forwarding.
- Qualified surveyor network and/or Claims Agents operating on a world-wide basis for claims management according to the insured goods
- Rapid claims management and handling
- Complete claims handling service for road haulier business where national legislation conventions are in force
- Legal advice from first rate legal firms to provide quick solutions to all disputes where goods are subject to a loss / damage in transit
Our qualified and professional staff are able to provide an answer to any queries relating to underwriting or claims management.